Thursday, December 21, 2017

Hanging in there

Yes I really am hanging in there. I have managed to get some Christmas presents bought. The tree is up and the lights are on. Yay me!

I worked on some Christmas cards last night but I don't have any stamps so...

It is my first Christmas without having a dad. Yeah sometimes everything is fine then sometimes I realize he is gone and that makes me sad. I know he is in a better place. But this last year has been ever so hard. It makes me think back to 2016 with fond memories.

We're a few days away from the anniversary of D's accident. It seems so long ago and just like yesterday in the same moment. I know I'm still processing, which sounds so silly but it is true. It was a hard hit and I'm having trouble remembering some things. I guess I should have sat down and wrote is all out at the time, but I had my head down the whole time. Pushing, shoving my way through. That's me, put my head down and give 'em Hell Harry.

Momma? Your name's not Harry!? What the Dickens are you talking about?

Shh Burtie my boy, I'll explain it sometime, just go with it for now OK?

Purr OK.

I tried to finally write a blog post last night but I got a few sentences in and even I was bored of the whining.

So let's talk about some knitting shall we?  I finally finished D's sweater and he even wore it to the Holiday Ale fest. There is even a picture...but it is on his phone and I can't get to it. We did meet a couple from Seattle where the wife was a knitter and recognized a hand knit sweater.

From there we trooped down to Powell's bookstore where I got to help a lady in the knitting section. She wanted to learn so she could teach her niece. I told her about Ravelry and referred her to a yarn store across the river where she lived. It is one I've been meaning to go to and it looks wonderful for beginners. I wonder if she will do it?

All three pairs of socks on the needles (in various stages of progress) are for D. And none of them will be done in time for Christmas. I know I can't say I am shocked either.

In previous years I tried getting most of my knitting done so I could start new things in the year, but now I just want a nice calm intro to the new year. And we're house hunting so you know that is not going to happen.

I did manage to complete my adjusted Goodreads reading goal. I've figured out a way to listen to books at work too. I'm in a nice quiet office but have found the morning goes so much quicker if your mind is in Australia with Phryne Fisher. Powering through piles of papers is easier with your mind somewhere else.

Burt is cute as ever and slimming down nice. he does think that Momma shoud give him snacks at three am.

Momma, you're up to pee anyways, and you walk right past the food jar. And it has been hours, hours I say, since I had second dinner. What is a little 3 am snack between us?

Well my chest seams lighter so I'll go ahead and post this. Maybe I should pet some slender orange kitten fur for a while. Of course I could always try to finish a sock before Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment