Thursday, September 7, 2017

I don't know

So I knit a swatch, I know I am shocked too! Planning a sweater I'm so excited. And this was with another heat wave hitting us, also smoke and ashes falling from the sky. Yeah it has been a bit of a weird week here in Oregon. Guess I want to talk about wool for a while as an escape.

How do we feel about a thistle yoke?


Hey guess what? Scale matters in knitting my cute 1 1/2 tall thistle bloomed to 3 1/2 inches in worsted weight yarn. Kinda big if you ask me. I do like it in the photo though. I was looking at it before the picture and thought the thistle was hard to see. In the picture it does look thistle-ish at least to me it does.

I am of course undecided. I may just have to swatch a few more motifs. How weird would purple or red sheep or kitty faces be? Maybe I should just choose something more geometric? You guys will intervene if I get too crazy...right?

Just to prove my sanity I'll show that I do indeed have a sock on the needles. I have not gone off the deep end yet.


Burt and Daddy are monitoring my condition closely.


Burt thinks kitty faces are cute, maybe try a red kitty face, but he won't say why. 
Duh Momma?!

1 comment: