Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival

It is that time of year again! 


I get to pet some short sheep and fondle woolie goodness to my hearts content. I just have to remember to buy the woolies before I love them, and pet them, and call them George.



I do believe I will start documenting one of my festival traditions. I like to wear a pair of socks made from yarn bought at last year's festival. It is a way for me to connect with the vendors. I can be rather shy or quiet at times so this works as a method of breaking me out of my shell. A beautiful form of woolie armor.

This year's armor is Fiber Stash's You Pick socks. Now these socks have my heart with all their vibrant beauty. It is very difficult to be sad looking at these socks.
So I bought more yarn from them.



Left to right: Tweedy Toes in "Moss", Polworth Roving in "70083" and Twinkle Toes in "Bushel".
Now I am not a Twinkle Toes kind of girl but sometimes when the yarn calls to you, you just pay the darn bill and be happy about it.



From D's Salt Rimmed Margarita Socks vendor, Mt Rutsen Studio, I found some more lovelies.
Little Abbey in "Auroa Borealis" (with neps) and Madison in "Deep Cornflower". Also I bought two more packs of my favorite stitch markers. You know the ones that made sweater knitting fun.


Last year I bought yarn for a sweater from Ensign Book Farm. I swatched the yarn but started having anxiety about running out of yarn so I let it sit and marinate in my mind. Last month I realized I can just buy more yarn in different colors and knit a colorwork yoke sweater. (I think I may have enough for sweater, cowl and mitts, na maybe I should buy more.)
In front may be my last skein of their Great Scott sock yarn.  


A nice big sweater/shawl bag from Stitched by JessaLu. Doctor Who themed of course.


That is five of the sweater skeins in there! Yowsa!


All of my new pretties taking a class picture. Could I be any more proud? 
Oh right I will be once I knit them into their destiny, right!


Like this sock of D's. It was showing off what some of them could/will be.


D came out at the end of the photo shoot to check out the new kids. 
Then he played yarn Jenga with them. 


Yarn Jenga is the best kind of Jenga!

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul! One of these days I'm going to join you at that Fiber Festival. For reals. No jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes one day you will!

      Rhinebeck is next weekend. I'm going on Saturday the 17th, got your plane tickets?

      Delete
    2. I'm off to the cabin this weekend. I'll be thinking of you while I knit by the woodburning stove. :)

      Delete