Thursday, April 24, 2014

Home Front

Things are pretty good here at the Yarnkettle home front. I've been knitting, kitty snuggling and exercising. And the mundane things like doing laundry and getting groceries too but who wants to hear about that?

On the knitting front I have new socks.


While I think they are beautiful socks and I will enjoy wearing them immensely, I hated knitting with this yarn. Why is it that the shaded yarns like this are all single ply suckiness? (Except my beloved Zauberballs.) I'm sure there are people out there that can knit with yarns like this quickly and efficiently but me? I turn into a really incompetent knitter, the yarn splits and takes all my attention. If any of you see me in a yarn shop considering this style of yarn ever again come on over and slap some sense into me. Hubby that goes for you too, just take the yarn out of my hands for my own sanity. You can of course replace it with another sock yarn. We don't want any hysterics in the yarn shop.

Gus is doing OK. He has good days and not so good days. I worry equally about him regardless of what type of day he is having. Last night was the first time in a couple of months that he vomited, but we cleaned it up and all went back to sleep rather quickly. Today food is not his best friend and I'v had to coax a bit more but he is eating so that is good.


 Gus has a lot of shawls, most of the time he will share with me but I think he has a favorite, my grey alpaca Multnomah shawl. It is almost as soft as he is. I had thought at one point in time of giving this one away but now it will always be known as Gus's healing shawl. We both like it because it warms you up just enough without over heating you.

You'll notice he has if favorite ball of yarn there too. He carries it around the house yowling quite a bit. Sometimes it is nice to have a friend that does not talk back.

Then there is Jack. D took this picture for me while I was out one day, just to prove they can get along. You know, think of this when they're fighting in the hall instead.


Finally I asked D to model his Christmas socks and he obliged. They turned out rather nice if I do say so myself. However the other night I went to wash them and discovered the toe was coming undone. I think these accidentally snagged on a nail a while back. I found a yarn snag wrapped around a nail. I could not figure out which socks it was, till now. Luckily it snagged in the easiest place to repair, the vert tip of the toe. 



The red pair of socks I just repaired developed another hole right above the heel flap. I know I said I was done repairing, but this hole is in a place that does not get walked on so I may just have one more repair left in me for these. Then again I might just darn them right into a trash can, who knows?

Well that is all the news here that is fit to print. So I'll leave you with happy thoughts and get back to my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment