Friday, December 27, 2013

Alas

D does not have a new Christmas sweater or new socks. I am a bad, bad knitting wife. The sweater just needs a collar and ends tucked in. But I still have more than half a sock to go. Guess that is why I received no yarn as a gift this year. If you can not finish what you have, you can not have any pudding yarn. (I jest, you know my yarn basket is very pleasantly plump.)

I did however get a couple of knitting related books and some DVDs to watch while working out. It was a lovely day. My workout was a personal record (PR) too. It feels so good to get up on that machine and pound out some milage.

I'm going to be reading about Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. I'll also be honing some new Knitting with Two Colors skills. I love expanding my library. Books just make me happy, especially when they talk about knitting. I'm using a new bind off on D's sweater. It is from a book I received for Christmas a couple of years ago, Cast On Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor. Let's hope D notices the new bind off.

My poor boy Gus had his pancreas flare up starting on Christmas eve. So today we went to the vet and we get to go back tomorrow for more fluid and meds. He just does not understand how his body could turn on him like this. Getting old is Hell according to him. But he is a fighter so off to the vet we go.

I hope your holidays were lovely too.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing some amazing stuff on your elliptical! And I'm sure D is excited for his sweater, even if it was not yet finished.

    I hope Gus is doing better, poor boy. Give him some gentle cuddles from me.

    ReplyDelete