Tuesday, October 8, 2013

No excuses

A couple of weeks ago D and I were discussing my exercise schedule or lack thereof. Before we went to England in 2009 I was exercising regularly, but once we returned home I was out of the habit and stayed out of the habit.

I've been trying different things and times but nothing seemed to hit home because I could always make excuses.

So two weeks ago D gave me the idea to make no excuses for a month and see what would happen. My first thought was I'll start on my birthday. Which was really just another excuse/delay tactic.

But this time I did not fall for my normal trap. I started the very next day and have been going faithfully  since. I don't quibble over when to do it I just make sure that it is done. If I still need to do it at 8 pm, I haul my tired, cranky butt down and get on the elliptical machine. No excuses!

Today is my two week anniversary of not wimping out. There were plenty of times I could have said today is not a good day I'll do it tomorrow instead. But I have not.

I did not realize it when I started but I gave myself three conditions 20 minutes time, a mile or more in that time and every stinking day.

It is amazing what you can do when you don't talk yourself out of it.

4 comments:

  1. I've been making myself walk this week. Let's stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every. Single. Day. That's what I have to say to myself. If it helps, you can think about how I get up at 5:30am every morning to make sure I do my routine. We're all in this together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to start getting up earlier but am focusing on just getting it done right now. Mornings will follow.
      Thanks for your support.

      Delete