Monday, May 20, 2013

It's what's on the inside that matters

I show you a lot of sock pictures. We all know how much I like showing off my socks but you know what we don't talk about? The inside of the sock once it has been...broken in.

So I give you inside the sock.


It is not all pretty stitches once they see some work.


Sometimes I put them on and have to take them right back off, because they develop lumps. Lumps of fiber that sit right under the ball of my foot. It may be better than walking on shards of glass; it is still a trial for my foot.  Who knew my foot could not handle wool?


Inside
Outside


It gets fuzzy in there doesn't it? Good thing I like fuzzy things. Most of the time I just let the inside felt. I figure it just makes it more cozy. Cozy is good, but I tell you it is just a tad embarrassing to have bits of brightly colored wool stuck between your toes at the doctor's office. 

Not too embarrassing that I don't wear my woolies. I am not one to let someone else's opinion get between me and warm feet. However I do worry how long the vacuum is going to last when it is tasked with sucking up all those toe bits of wool. I hope it lasts a long time because I don't want to reduce the yarn budget by new vacuum cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment