Thursday, April 18, 2013

Welcome Home

I received a welcome home today that stopped me in my tracks. Part of our neighbor's tree came down. And when a pine that tall and big comes down, my shed will tell you that it leaves a mark. 


So do you think branches sticking out of the roof is a bad thing?


My shed would say yes!


There are four holes that I could see. (Not appearing in this picture.) At least one rafter is cracked.

I grabbed the bikes and got them inside the house. What? I really want to ride this summer. My hubby has trained me well. Get the bikes to safety!

But all in all it could have been so much worse. I am thankful. We keep saying at least it was not the house. But it is a bit freaky to look in the back yard and see a big honking tree laying out there. Yikes. Do you think the cats heard it hit or were they sleeping too hard?

My first homeowners claim. Yay?!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! I would have figured with the storms that have gone through in the past few months that all the "weak" trees were gone. Hopefully the insurance won't give you a hard time and that it will get fixed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Isn't that shed only 5 years old or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! I'm glad that nobody was hurt. I love trees, but when there's a windstorm out here, it's a good time to be grateful not to have too many large ones around.

    And yes, save the bikes and the yarn, that's what I always say.

    ReplyDelete