Sunday, April 14, 2013

I've got new yarn

You see that red one there? It called my name from the yarn store for a week or so before I could get back there to get it. I wonder how many hands it had to fend off before I made it back? 

These are both from the Periwinkle Sheep. I may have made the trip for the red one but the blue one liked me too. I was considering getting a third color so I could finally make my Color Affection shawl but I had that thought after I bought them. I was trying to think of a complimentary color, maybe a nice wheat colored tan? Then it hit me, nope I don't want to make a patriotic shawl. I want to make a shawl that goes with many things but not one that looks like I draped a flag over my shoulders. 


So these two are marinating in the stash, deciding what to become. Me? I still knitting a bunch of socks.

Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors II in Audrey Hepburn.

Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors II in Atlantic.

I also picked up the spindle again this week after a long break. I broke up the fiber into smaller batches and decided to do a bit each day I thought of it. It really makes it less likely that I keep my arm in an awkward position for too long. Now I just need to think of which fiber to try next. 


I am thinking the blue and white one. I don't know how I've resisted it for this long. Oh right my spindle was full.

2 comments:

  1. A nice gold might work well here? or green (Galway races)? or chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a chocolate would look nice. I'll have to check the next time I'm at the shop to see what they have left. I have a bit of consideration time since I'm planning to start this late summer.

      Delete