Sunday, January 6, 2013

Garlic

You know how D is on a culinary self study course? It started by him making me one meal while I was at class, and that went over so well that he decided to continue learning.

He started with Mexican Lasagna, moved to an intriguing Fettuccine (faux) Alfredo, lentil burgers, and last night it was a new rendition of twice baked potatoes. Well tonight will be twice baked potatoes too since we had leftovers. 

He has learned the zen of chopping vegetables. Now, his zen is different from my former prep cook style of zen but he has found something he enjoys. His is probably more noble, since I did it to receive a paycheck, but hey we're not keeping score here.

We enjoyed our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares, last summer but I think we're really going to enjoy it this year. We received our very own garlic roaster for Christmas. 

D took it for a spin last weekend, and suggested that I take pictures. I give you his first batch of roasted garlic.


It tastes every bit as good as it looks. It is a treat right out of the oven and spread on a cracker. It's all soft and mellow. I have a feeling that the only garlic problems we will have in the future is the one we have right now. There is no garlic to roast in the house. I think someone needs to go to the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment