Saturday, September 22, 2012

Well that was fun

I just completed round one of my fiber festival season. I can tell you that the tendency to buy yarn the same color as the shirt you're wearing did not hold true this year. This year I wore a candy apple red T-shirt and bought a lot of purple/plum/dark raspberry colored yarns.

I was proud of my self for not worrying about buying fiber. As a new spinner, the urge is there but the knowledge is lacking. I bought breed specific roving but didn't go crazy. It is mighty tempting when you see beach ball sized balls of beautifully colored roving. I don't even want to know what one of those is worth.

I did find a cute knitting related cup, but my cute T-shirt vendor was not there this year. There were a few vendors missing that I would have liked to buy from again. Alas as much as we would like to we can't all own a yarn shop. Businesses fail that is the sad fact of today's economy.

On the plus side I hope I helped a few to make ends meet, today.

Pictures to follow as tradition dictated. Don't worry either I still have money in the bank for Rhinebeck too. Hee Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment