Monday, June 11, 2012

It is Monday

I was felled by a migraine this weekend so I don't have as much to report as I would like. I did manage to go to the library used book sale and pick up some books. And by some I mean eleven so that is a great thing. I did look for my very own copy of the Guernsey book I've been listening to but alas they were all gone, maybe next time. 

I did see one little girl with a copy of By the Shores of Silver Lake. Oh how I loved these books when I was little. Oh how I still love them. It made me smile to think that another generation is falling in love again. I'm trying to convince Kisknit that her daughter needs to read them too. I am starting young in my suggestion since she is not yet three. I'm hoping when the time comes they will be able to discover the books together. 

Anyways I do have a sad little picture of my knitting to show you. The yarn is actually a mossy, pond scummy green color. I am loving how they look. The pattern is from Knitter's Book of Socks, it's called Stepping Stones. 



It was designed for a thicker yarn but I did my standard I need 80 stitches adjustment and now I have a sock in progress at the right gauge. Isn't it nice when your knitting cooperates with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment