Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Gus Man

Gus and I went for his 3 month check up at the vet's. Dr B said he looks really good. He has picked up a little of his lost weight (Gus, not Dr B) and his fur is back to being the silkiest thing I can touch including silk. I think it all the time but he is one good looking cat.


However his blood sugar was high again, due (we think) to the prednisone. So we're tapering back on that med in hopes that his blood sugar will go down. Gus hates that pill so he is thrilled to see it go. D says the pill tastes bad and this is coming from a guy that will chew aspirin. Yuck!!!

The funny thing with this trip to the vet was the car ride. Gus likes to voice his displeasure, loudly and often. This time he settled in quickly and seemed to relax a bit. I think it is because of the audiobook I was listening to, Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn. The narrator reads in a British accent, since the book is set in London. He seemed especially happy when the French character spoke. Hints of his mother tongue? We like to say his Mother was French and his Father was Russian, since those are the accents that I give him when I speak for him. (Yes I know that I am odd.)

I can recommend the book as an enjoyable mystery tale. I will be getting more of the series. My issue is do I get another audiobook or the Kindle edition? I loved the narrator and enjoyed it as my drive time book so much that I had to listen a bit while I was doing the dishes one night. However the Kindle version is much cheaper, and I have several other audiobooks lined up for my driving time. Hmm do I want to drive and listen or read and knit with the story?

I am finding that I get so much more reading (my first love) done with the audiobooks and Kindle. Sometimes technology is such a blessing. This is coming from one of the last people who is perfectly happy having a dumb phone. I guess I have not felt the need to be able to access the internet from where ever I am. Silly me, I just don't know what I am missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment