Monday, December 12, 2011

Lookie Loo

My fall socks are done and even worn a couple of times, or as I like to think of them slightly broken in. I was not sure about the pooling but sometimes if you just keep going you end up liking the result. As I did in this case.


Don't they remind you of pumpkins somehow? Or is it just me?


This is Decadent Fibers Savory Sock yarn. I bought this skein at the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival a bit over a year ago. 

I am going back through my old socks and starting to thin out the herd since I am adding new socks all the time. It is so hard to take socks from the drawer knowing they may not make it back in there. Ideally I would like to catch holes when they are just thinning and duplicate stitch over the thin area. Since I like knitting my yarn and have a nice selection I may just end up getting rid of some of the just not working anymore pairs. 

I so hate to throw out even socks full of holes, maybe I can stuff them with cat nip and stitch them closed? Think my boys would like to play with Mom's old socks? Especially if they smell like that awesome herb?

I do have another plan for one pair but that will require a whole other blog post. I can admit to being half way done, but without the pictures to tell the story. I will see if I can remedy the situation and inspire someone. 

1 comment:

  1. Those remind me of fields of grain back in my prairie land home . And sunflowers.

    I think it is an excellent idea to make your holey socks into cat toys! That way, you get double the enjoyment: watching the boys play and loving that yarn all over again!

    ReplyDelete