Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dream to reality

Let's see what is going on at my house? After Jack's early morning wake up call the other day I have Terminix scheduled to do a service. All I can say is that dude better have a truck full of traps cause I am catching some mice.

I've finished a couple of knitting projects but I don't have any pictures so I don't want to talk about them yet. I can tell you that I am feeling less self inflicted pressure. I guess I did have a bout of finish-it-upitis. As I was starting the toe on the pair of socks that I am wearing now I realized that I only had one other sock on the needles. I started worrying about what I would knit. I had a couple of sets of needles free, my project bag was empty and I started thinking about winding up some new festival yarn. What to knit, what to knit?



I started playing with this yarn in my recently acquired Rhinebeck yarn stash. You'll remember I bought it to make a very special set of stockings. Stockings that I have been in love with since I rediscovered knitting, Cookie A's German Stocking. My very own ultimate knitting endeavor.



Here are the sample socks from Cookie's book knit. sock. love. I still cannot believe I was in the same room with them. Yes I am a bit of a fangirl.

I cast them on Sunday night. As I was telling D what this project meant to me, he questioned how long I've wanted to do them. I've been thinking about these stockings for years. Wouldn't it be cool if I could really knit those? What color would I make them? What if I did it?


D's reply to my going on and on about really starting my pinnacle knitting project was Oh they're your half marathon! Yes Honey they are. Something I've dreamed about doing but was not sure I would ever accomplish or even start. They are my half marathon. I think I have trained enough now, time to head to the event.

See you at the finish line! (One way or another)

1 comment:

  1. Those are going to be some amazing stockings! Yo go! I can't wait to see them when they're finished!

    ReplyDelete