Monday, September 5, 2011

SAG (Support and Gear)

Hubby asked me if I wanted to go with him on his first 12 mile run. I am proud to say I managed stunned silence rather than hysterical laughter. He meant I could be his SAG. He started off and about an hour 20 minutes later I met him at our arranged area. After a water bottle refill and a sweaty wet kiss, not as romantic as it sounds in books, he was off again. 


He is the figure on the left of the road. His route took him down a road the had been flooded by Irene. It took me a minute to realize the brown is not dried out crispy branches but rather muddy leaves. You can tell right where the water crested.


And have you seen such muddy dirty water? I kept hearing the words 'Chocolate Milk' used in reference to our rivers. I prefer my chocolate milk to be actual chocolate and milk, not dirty water.



See my little purple flower I found in the muddy bushes? Do you think it opened after the water receded, that's why it is not brown too?


I think fall is sneaking up on us too. I noticed some trees well above the water line had a different tint too. You can really see how hazy it was that day. Hot and sticky.



I could tell even the road had been submerged at some time. Mud, mud everywhere.

Our area faired pretty well from hurricane Irene. Trees were downed and power was lost (not ours) but considering what could have been... 

Rhinebeck and surrounding areas were flooded, and may still be. Crews are woking to restore normal. I just hope people can get the help that they need.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to think if I've ever used my feet to move twelve miles. I think I might have once when my hubby misjudged a map, but we weren't keeping track, then. Looks like nature is really trying hard to sort itself out. Well done to your hubby, too!

    ReplyDelete