Saturday, August 6, 2011

Jealousy green?

Well let's see what I have to show you today. Oh look another pair of socks. I am so surprised. 

Gus totally tried to photo bomb me. Oh was that a picture of your socks you was trying to get? So sorry, have you seen how silky my fur is? Yes, it is very nice.


This is Dye Dreams Luster socks in Pine. It is a Blue Faced Leister (BFL) yarn, my first from that sheep. I bought this yarn a couple of years ago. Guess where? Yes, you're right Rhinebeck, NY Sheep and Wool festival. I do so love finding new yarns there. Sadly some months after Rhinebeck the partnership dissolved, so they are no more. I think I held on the yarn because of that. But I am trying to get over it.

I don't think I am an oh no there is no more of this particular yarn kind of person. I have yet to buy yarn because it is being discontinued, but I did put this one off because I wanted it to be used for something special. But then I thought how will I know if I like BFL yarn if I don't use it. I am trying to plan ahead and try some yarns so I will know more of my likes and dislikes so I can make an informed purchases at Rhinebeck and other festivals/stores. I like trying new yarns, but if I can find yarns that really work well for me and I enjoy knitting, I would like to keep them in business too.


You can just make out the bands of coloring at the toes. They have a nice banding of lighter and darker greens. I had a bit of trouble with the yarn, the way I wound it and knit with it added more twist. I had to stop and let it unwind every so often. It is a thinner yarn than most that I am familiar with. I do like a plump bouncy yarn, but with the added twisting I lost bounce.

Well, all's well that ends well and I have a nice new pair of socks. And really what more could a sock knitter ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment