Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tea Party Cowl

Last winter when I heard Ann Hanson and Cookie A were coming to town, I got a wee bit designer happy. I cast on one project from each of them. You would think that the one that won the fight would have been a Cookie A sock since socks are my favorite things to knit. 

Nope novelty won out in this case. I knit Ann Hanson's Spiralucious cowl. I had some Dream in Color Smooshy in the Tea Party colorway that I had been playing dreaming about for a while. I wanted to use it for something other than socks since I have yet to repair my pair of DIC socks that wore through.

So I cast on and promptly screwed it up. The pattern is charted only on the odd rows the even rows are a plain knit round which my brain tried its darnest to forget. I did a pattern repeat or so and realized it was not spiraling like I would have liked. 

So I frogged and pulled out my handy dandy pattern keeper from Knitpicks. The pattern keeper sits so nice on my couch arm that I wizzed right through the knitting. I ended up with this.

 


A lovely brown cowl that I wear whenever I wish I had put on a turtleneck.  I am sorry to say that I did not wash or block it but started wearing it right away. Hey when you're cold, you're cold. It wandered into work with me and came in quite handy when they decided to check our A/C. Dude if the heat is still on in the building, don't turn on the A/C and turn it down to 60. I think we were about 10 minutes away from a revolt!

So now you know about my Tea Party cowl. I'm sure there will be more passing through this blog, maybe the next should be in cashmere.

No comments:

Post a Comment