Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rambling

I am a bit under the weather. Don't worry though I am under the watchful gaze of Dr Gus and Dr Jack, aka my kitties. You're right it is not their gaze so much as their actual bodies. Gus supervised a few naps with me and Jack has commandeered my couch time.

As it seems to be a stomach bug Thanksgiving was undertaken cautiously with us. I think when we feel better we may have a couple of turkey weekends here, since turkey was what I craved.

Luckily I had made a trip to the library the day before I got ill so I have been watching Dr Who season 4 and The Closer season 5. I also started a new book by Elizabeth Peters "A Crocodile on the Sandbank." So far I like the two main characters. Which is good since I finished "1st to Die" and decided that I did not like it. It had way too much repetition for me. I ended up fast forwarding a few times. I told D to never let me read that author again as he is simply not my cup of tea. Now I need to find another book for my drive time. I looked while at the library but it is so hard to choose without knowing what I am looking for.

Drive time books can not be sad because I am a cryer and I don't want to have to pull the car over till it is safe for me to drive again. They can not be too complicated as I will be listening in 15 minute increments and it takes me a minute or so to remember what is going on in the story some days. I did listen to "The Count of Monte Cristo" but only after I had read it first and knew many of the characters and plot lines. Some accents and ways of reading may be difficult for me to hear also. I once had to stop a book because the recording was very soft till something dramatic happened then it almost blew me out of the car.

The other difficult thing with getting books from the library is that they seem to start buying when an author gets popular and that may be 3 or 6 books in. Usually I am not able to read that many books before starting an audio book.


Oh I am reknitting these socks since as you can see they need about an inch taken out of them. I've got one done and am working on the toe of the other. They seem to fit better and the yarn is striping instead of pooling. I ripped them back to the heel flap and restarted with 2.25mm needles. The tops will still be loose but it will not bother me, I really only care if the foot does not fit. Soon I will have some new/old socks again.

So that is where I am now convalescing on the couch with lots of yarn and supervised by the cats. It feels good to be loved and to love!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about audio books needing to be just right. We tried to listen to A Brief History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson and had to stop that one about a third of the way through to keep from falling asleep!

    Kudos to you for re-doing those socks. They are already beautiful as is. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete