Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dilemma

Yes I have more than one but my current one is my Multnomah shawl. I have been knitting along happily in garter stitch. A bit too happily. I tried counting this morning to see how close I am to starting the border section. I counted 264 stitches various ways around 10 times this morning. I should have an odd number of stitches. This means I have not made an increase some where.

No problem I just need to think of a way to get an extra stitch in there or a way to remove a stitch that does not look obvious. I am not a perfection knitter I just care that the object looks right and fits OK. An extra stitch is not going to cause me to lose sleep.

Then I counted each side of the shawl, trying to figure out which side to increase or decrease. One side is 130 stitches and the other is 127. That means there is more than one OOPS in there. Craptastic!

I have a lifeline in about 11 rows back and then another 30 rows before that. Do I rip back?

Yeah I know the answer to that one too. Time to make like a frog (Ribbit) and Rip it, Rip it.

Ok so the first lifeline saved me, mostly. Shhh don't tell anyone but I performed an unauthorized k2together. Hey an unauthorized k2tog is sometimes a great sanity saver.

I used the time off the needles to measure how big this thing currently is. The answer is not big enough for my liking. I weighed the unused yarn and I believe that I still have more than 1/2 a skein left. So now I am figuring out how many stitches I need to add to make the pattern repeat work out on both sides. knitter's math can be a problem sometimes.

Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment