Thursday, July 15, 2010

Speaking of Pictures

I've been experimenting with my camera settings. I've heard of people using a macro setting on their cameras to take well defined pictures of their knitting. I started looking for that setting on my camera, either I don't have one or it is called something else.

I gave up and went on my merry way only to discover a setting called foliage. That triggered a memory of reading something about pictures of plants needing more saturation to reveal their true colors.

Here is my latest sock in progress with the camera set to auto.

Here is the same sock a minute or so later with the camera set to foliage. I do think the colors pop more in the second photo. I've been taking photos of my knitting in pairs this way for a little while now and I usually prefer the photos taken with the foliage settings.

Don't you just love the colors of that yarn? I is my SD yarn from Castle Fibers. The colorway is called Black Hills Hike. It reminds me of home so much. I do think it is funny that I managed to make it pool, because we were discussing this in the store when I bought it. The color repeats are very short so with a normal person it most likely would not have done what it is doing for me. I rather enjoy a sock with a bit of swirl to it.

A normal sock pattern commonly has you cast on 64 stitches, or in that neighborhood. My feet are so wide that I commonly work a sock on 80 stitches. The funny thing is that width works for both me and the Hubby. Our feet are not the same circumference, but I suspect he likes his socks a bit more snug than I do.

Well that is what is going on at our home front, hope all is well on your home front.

No comments:

Post a Comment