Thursday, June 17, 2010

Comparing

On recent photo shoot in the front yard I thought it would be funny to see how a sock for D compares to a sock for me.


The difference is not as noticeable as I thought it would be. It is quite a difference when you compare our shoes.

I do find that I use the same number of stitches for both of our socks. So the circumference is similar but the length is less.

I am also finding that I now have a set pattern for D's socks that I tend to use. He likes his socks a bit shorter than I would like so I make a 3 inch 2x2 ribbed cuff then go straight into the heel flap. I think the ribbing is stretchy for him but does not seem to bag like plain stockinette does for him. He has not mentioned any issues with the socks I've made like this so far. Previous socks have drawn comments like it could be a bit taller or less baggy. My first pair for him was too big. I used 100 stitches then and commonly use 80 now. No wonder they don't fit right. I do notice once I figured that out he seems to like and wear my socks more. I guess it is easier when they're not falling off your feet.

Ah the lessons knitting teaches us. I should probably rip them out and reknit them but you see I have all this yarn just waiting for me to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment