Monday, April 19, 2010

A good weekend

Well we're back in our comfort zone. We really needed this on Saturday morning. Tea and scones really feels like home to us. Plus when you're sick you need all the help you can get.


I managed to bake some bread to go with my chicken vegetable soup too. I still need to learn how to let bread cool before we cut it. It is supposed to improve the taste and texture but all be darned if I can hold off long enough to see.


I finished my first Yarnkettle sock club winter selection.


It is a wee bit difficult to take pictures with the grass being wet. These are the Retro Rib socks from Favorite Socks. I made them with Paton's Kroy sock yarn and 2.25 mm needles. The color is Glencheck, I think. I really like how this yarn feels knit up. It is rustic with out feeling harsh.


One of my most recent purchases so intrigued me that it was cast on the next day. How is that for stash management? I will post details when I finish them. Not my normal colors but it called to me.

I found Ann Budd's blog (which is great) this weekend along with her new free sock pattern "Celebrate Spring Socks". I immediately paired it in my head with some yarn I bought 2 years ago at Rhinebeck (NY Sheep and Wool Festival). So here is the next installment of the Yarnkettle sock club. The yarn is from Ellen's Half Pint Farm, 50% Merino and 50% Tencel.

So since I promised myself that I would not have more than 20 pairs of socks worth of yarn in the stash, and I just cast on another pair that means I can go looking for more right? What do you mean I should finish a sweater first? That was never part of the bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment