Thursday, February 25, 2010

Three Things

I've been listening to a audio book for a while now in my car. Turns out those things take a while when your commute is about a half hour, round trip. It is the fourth book in a series. I hate it! I have vowed today to never read another book in this series. Which if you know me, you know that is a 50/50 chance of happening.

I've been trying to analyze what bothers me so much about this book as opposed to the first three. I will say I thought I enjoyed the first three, but this one may have killed that for me.

First identifiable issue: the characters have not grown at all. They're still complaining about the same things as the first book. They're making the same stupid decisions and mistakes as they made in the first book. Now it seems I've had enough of the "let's run away so they can easily kidnap us" thought process.

Second identifiable issue: I don't want to be in the situation I'm in regardless of how bad I wanted this situation 4 pages ago. Does not matter if I'm rich, I want to be poor. I'm a independent working person, I want to be a lady of leisure. I want to be on my own, You come get me out of this mess I've created for myself. Indecision drives me crazy! D stop laughing at me!

Third issue: I love him, I don't love him, does love me? I am a firm believer in LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH. Half of happiness comes from choosing to be happy. If that is your mate stop looking at others! Grass is always greener on the other side, especially when you just left that grass. Put your blinders on and chew on the cud in front of you.

So there are the 3 major reasons why I will not be getting the next book in the series. I'm sure there are more reasons but that third issue took all the thunder out of me. I really hate it when people are married and still looking for their soulmate. I just don't get it, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment