Saturday, January 23, 2010

A blogging story

Last December I had this brilliant idea that I would look back and blog about our trip to England as if it was happening a year later. While I still think it was a good idea, I failed to realize my true nature.

I had visions of writing up each post and fondly remembering what when on each day. Now if I was going to do that I should have started writing the posts then and just had them scheduled to post to the blog.

As you know Christmas was a hectic time for me this year. I felt that things were not going as I wished they would. Sometimes life is like that and I usually accept it when I get into a funk like that.

Tagging on a week of intense blog posts on to that really did not do me any good. I think I stopped enjoying it by Wednesday. Don't get me wrong it is fun to look back and remember. I just should have planned it better and started working on it earlier too. I did not realize how long each post would take. It takes 10 minutes to read and look at something that took me an hour or two to import pictures, type and edit. Let's be honest my editing is not that good.

The unforeseen thing that struck me was how limited I was in what I could tell you. Usually I think things during the week like oh I need to remember the funny thing I saw on my way to work so that I can tell the blog. Well this week I could not tell you because I was too busy telling you about what we were doing a year ago. It is funny how I missed being able to talk to the blog.

So here's the plan: I will continue to post about England as I get a days worth of blog ready (and I will continue to work on them). I will also allow myself to fail this task as it was planned. It is over and done with let us move on and look back without guilt.

I now return you to your regularly unscheduled blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment