Sunday, December 6, 2009

At the bottom of a very long hill

Last week was a tough one for me. I'm a person that can handle a lot of down time. Conversely I can not handle a lot of up time. I blame my anti-social genes.

Tuesday night was a dentist visit. Wednesday was supposed to be choir practice. Thursday the house and I had a date with Mr Rooter. Friday was our company Christmas party. Saturday afternoon was spent with some friends distracting a pregnant lady. Saturday night was spent with friends I've not seen in quite a while. Sunday was to be choir at the early service and a meeting after.

Poor choir got dropped like a hot potato in that schedule. Turns out I needed to convert it into sanity time for me.

I like to feel wanted as a friend but this week was a bit much. Even the cats thought so and put me down for a nap this afternoon.

On the plus side I found a new handbag. It was even on sale! I'm still adjusting to it. Takes me a while to work with new items. As you can tell I don't do "change" very well. I don't like to think of it as a rut just that I have very well established patterns and methods.

Well what is new in my knitting world? Nothing. D's sweater is still moving along even though I hit a few bumps and had to rework the start of the bottom ribbing 4 times. They are not ruts I tell you just extremely well established patterns and methods.

I also yanked back the sock and restarted it twice. I think I have figured out what I would like to do now and expect to move along on that front too.

My poor mittens have stayed in the bag for far too long now they have not seen the light of day since Thanksgiving. I'm at the point of starting the fingertip decreases and I need to concentrate on getting that right. No time to concentrate I'm a busy bee.

The sad thing is I've not even started my Christmas shopping. Man my whole schedule is shot. Maybe I should just knit more that should make it all better?

No comments:

Post a Comment