Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ta Da

My latest creation, made with Cascade 220 wool. The picture is not the best but who am I to judge. I never know what to do when someone is taking a picture of me. My clever co worker stood on the other side of me so we could pretend we're having a conversation so I don't have to stare the camera down.

I'm working on a list of clever poses. So far I've got none. The photo could have been taken while I was actually working, which would have been me holding the phone to my ear. Seems like that is all I do some days. I hate the phone! I mean I like it when I need it but hate to be on it for any amount of time now. Too many years of being a receptionist and answering the same questions over and over.

OK back to the sweater. It's made out of Cascade 220 wool in red heathers. D wants one out of the same or similar colors. I had to say no not this year, I think I would get sick of the color if I knit it again too soon. I changed the ribbing to a baby cable rib but you can not see that here. Took me a little over a month to knit, which I think is pretty good. I'm sure there are faster knitters but I want to enjoy what I do not beat the clock. I hate it when people ask me how long it took me to knit something. I keep a knitting journal that includes (usually) when I start and end projects, but as far as how many hours it took total, that is not a math problem that I want to do.

I do love the sweater. It is soft, warm and wooly, just the way I like them. I love the fact that I am not scared to make sweaters now. When I first started I thought there was no way I would ever do that, way too much time and effort for me to risk. Plus I'm not a huge fan of homemade looking items, unless it is food. I know I am a bad person. I just like the way a finished item looks, must be that little perfectionist voice inside of me, it is not very strong and not as particular as you would think but when it speaks look out.

Good thing I bought yarn for D's sweater because I'm itching to do another. The sweater bug is biting. I told you it was going to be a cold winter and I still think that is true. Wool is the first line of defense against cold/winter right? Suit up

No comments:

Post a Comment